[Closed] Bypass login entirely?

Ask and solve about DragonetMC softwares here.
snailthinker

[Closed] Bypass login entirely?

Postby snailthinker » February 11th, 2016, 6:38 am

Hello,
I'd like to use Minecraft for educational purposes and connect to it with an iPad (thus PE). I got everything set up with Dragon but it wants to authorize me. These systems would not have internet access; the Minecraft server and dragon both run on a raspberry pi, and the iPad connects to it over a secured LAN that isn't necessarily connected to the internet.

Is it possible to configure Dragon to accept any user connecting to it without authorization?

I tried several different settings for CLS but nothing seemed to make a difference, it always wanted me to authorize against the dragonet authority.

Any help would be wonderful. Thank you for building dragonet.

DefinitlyEvil
Site Admin

Re: Bypass login entirely?

Postby DefinitlyEvil » February 11th, 2016, 6:49 am

snailthinker wrote:Hello,
I'd like to use Minecraft for educational purposes and connect to it with an iPad (thus PE). I got everything set up with Dragon but it wants to authorize me. These systems would not have internet access; the Minecraft server and dragon both run on a raspberry pi, and the iPad connects to it over a secured LAN that isn't necessarily connected to the internet.

Is it possible to configure Dragon to accept any user connecting to it without authorization?

I tried several different settings for CLS but nothing seemed to make a difference, it always wanted me to authorize against the dragonet authority.

Turn mode into offline in the config file(set mode=offline).
Hope that's what you're looking for.

snailthinker

Postby snailthinker » February 11th, 2016, 2:19 pm

DefinitlyEvil wrote:
snailthinker wrote:Hello,

Turn mode into offline in the config file(set mode=offline).
Hope that's what you're looking for.

Hello, I tried that and restarted dragon and it still wants to auth. To be clear, it says "please enter your Minecraft PC/Mac account in chat".

Is there anything additional cached somewhere that I need to clear out to get the setting to take? Or is this prompt being caused by my minecraft server itself? (that is the standard linux mc server from mojang). Thanks for responding so quickly.

BTW, gmail thinks your forum confirmation emails are phishing, just FYI.
Last edited by snailthinker on February 11th, 2016, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gundamMC

Postby gundamMC » February 11th, 2016, 2:26 pm

Well, bypassing login would be just like what DefinitlyEvil said, switch mode to offline in the config file. Using offline mode would bypass any premium minecraft authentication, or you could say login into "cracked" servers (PC Servers with "online-mode" switched to false")
If you want to completely bypass the login you'd have to check the server.properties file, switching "online-mode" to "false" so the PC Server would disable authentication too.

snailthinker

Postby snailthinker » February 11th, 2016, 2:29 pm

gundamMC wrote:Well, bypassing login would be just like what DefinitlyEvil said, switch mode to offline in the config file. Using offline mode would bypass any premium minecraft authentication, or you could say login into "cracked" servers (PC Servers with "online-mode" switched to false")
If you want to completely bypass the login you'd have to check the server.properties file, switching "online-mode" to "false" so the PC Server would disable authentication too.

Ah ok so the prompt i'm seeing now that i've set mode=offline on dragonet is because the MC server has online-mode=true ?

I made this change to the MC server (online-mode=false), and it definitely applied because I now see this during startup.

[09:29:42] [Server thread/WARN]: **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
[09:29:42] [Server thread/WARN]: The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Beware.
[09:29:42] [Server thread/WARN]: While this makes the game possible to play without internet access, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username they choose.
[09:29:42] [Server thread/WARN]: To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.properties file.

I then restarted dragonet as well, and it still prompts for username.

Is there a way to be sure that it's actually connecting to my MC server (short of packet sniffing). I don't see anything in the MC server's logs confirming a connection from dragonet.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Last edited by snailthinker on February 11th, 2016, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gundamMC

Postby gundamMC » February 11th, 2016, 2:31 pm

snailthinker wrote:
Ah ok so the prompt i'm seeing now that i've set mode=offline on dragonet is because the MC server has online-mode=true ?

Yeah, because u have to set the PC Server to offline mode (online-mode false) in order for "offline" players to join your server. ;)

snailthinker

Postby snailthinker » February 11th, 2016, 2:34 pm

gundamMC wrote:
snailthinker wrote:

Yeah, because u have to set the PC Server to offline mode (online-mode false) in order for "offline" players to join your server. ;)

Thank you gundamMC! I made an edit to my previous post since I tried the change to no effect, see above. Any other thoughts?

gundamMC

Postby gundamMC » February 11th, 2016, 2:44 pm

snailthinker wrote:

Thank you gundamMC! I made an edit to my previous post since I tried the change to no effect, see above. Any other thoughts?

Hmm...Maybe u could use CLS to check if dragonet could connect to the PC Server. But other from turning the PC server to offline mode I don't really think there would be anything else that could cause a problem. Maybe try another version of dragonet?

snailthinker

Postby snailthinker » February 11th, 2016, 3:12 pm

gundamMC wrote:
snailthinker wrote:

Hmm...Maybe u could use CLS to check if dragonet could connect to the PC Server. But other from turning the PC server to offline mode I don't really think there would be anything else that could cause a problem. Maybe try another version of dragonet?

Ah ok. So to use CLS, do I have to create an account somewhere? Or would that be my regular minecraft account where I paid for a client license from mojang? Thanks!

gundamMC

Postby gundamMC » February 11th, 2016, 3:25 pm

snailthinker wrote:
gundamMC wrote:
snailthinker wrote:

Ah ok. So to use CLS, do I have to create an account somewhere? Or would that be my regular minecraft account where I paid for a client license from mojang? Thanks!

Sorry for being AFK for awhile, well yes. you'll have to create an account http://auth.dragonet.org/ there and it would ask for your minecraft account. DefinitlyEvil had made it pretty clear on the instructions there, just follow what it says and you'll be fine :D

Return to “Questions & Answers”